USB-DUXfast: Technical Specification
- USB 2.0, only
- Comedi Driver: www.comedi.org.
- Asynchronous sampling. This means that sampling can be performed in the background while the main application is doing something else (see comedi's "cmd").
- Power supply via the USB, no external supply
- Asynchronous acquisition holds for up to 16 USB devices (subject to resources/ processor speed).
- 16 channels
- 12 bit resolution
- Single ended
- Input range (can be set by software):
- -0.5V . . . +0.5V
- -0.75 . . . +0.75V
- Input resistance: 185k (unbuffered multiplexer input)
- Recommended source resistance: less than 50R (to minimise crosstalk between inputs)
- Sampling rate (asynchronously in the background):
- Continuous: max 3MHz
- Burst: max 30MHz (256 samples)
We recommend to use the parallel printer port as digital I/O device. Comedi provides a driver which establishes a very fast digital I/O device. To synchronise a digital trigger with the analogue input feed the digital trigger into one of the analogue inputs of the USBDUXfast board. Alternatively, you can also use an USB-DUX for digital I/O. (We decided against a digital I/O port at the USBDUXfast because of bandwidth limitations which would cause long latencies.)
- Female 44 pin HD connector
- Enclosure: 144x90x30mm
- Board: 136x80x15mm